Mayflower Lineage Match
Mayflower Lineage Match Review Purpose
The purpose of the Mayflower Lineage Match service is to determine which portion of your Mayflower lineage has already been documented in a previously approved application, and which portion you will need to provide documentation.
After comparing your proposed lineage to our vast database of previously approved lineages, we will send you a detailed report on our findings, along with instructions on how to proceed with the membership process.
Complete online, or print and mail.
NOTE: This is not an application for membership to The Mayflower Society
Instructions and Important Information
In order to receive the most accurate results possible, please fill out the Mayflower Lineage Match form in its entirety.
You can either use the online form, or download and send your completed form by mail. Both options are below.
To begin, choose the name of your Pilgrim ancestor from the drop-down menu. For generation 2, enter the name of the Pilgrims’ son or daughter, and who they married. Continue through the generations down to yourself.
- It is not necessary to submit multiple inquiries for your family members who share the same lineage (for example, you do not need to submit a separate Mayflower Lineage Match for your child if they wish to join through the same lineage as yourself).
- If a close family member has recently become a member of the Mayflower Society, it is not necessary to use our Mayflower Lineage Match service. Advise the Member Society where you would like to apply, that your relative is a member, and they will guide you through the application process.
- Please do not send documentation along with your Mayflower Lineage Match form. Instructions on what to do with your documentation will be included in your emailed report.
- It is not necessary to submit a lineage match for every passenger you think you are descended from. When we check the lineage, we will alert you to any other possible matches as well.
- Please note: Due to recent information coming to light, there is a question as to whether Matthew Fuller is the son of passenger Edward Fuller. All potential lines are currently on hold until the information can be investigated further and no Mayflower Lineage Matches using this line are being processed.
Review Process and Next Steps
We review Mayflower Lineage Match forms in the order they are received. At this time, please expect to wait twelve weeks for your response. We will send a report via email from MLM@themayflowersociety.org. Please check your spam/junk-mail folder as some email services may route our email to that folder.
After receiving the results of your Mayflower Lineage Match, you will work with a Member Society Historian from one of our 54 Member Societies. All applicants must apply through one of our Member Societies. The Member Society Historian will help you determine what documents you need to prove your lineage, and then prepare your final application for membership. Once complete, your application will be sent to The Mayflower Society in Plymouth, Massachusetts for verification and approval by our genealogy department.
How Much Does the Mayflower Lineage Match Cost?
There is a non-refundable $75.00 fee per inquiry for this service. A credit card or PayPal account is required for instant processing. If you prefer to pay by check, please see the instructions below.
To submit your inquiry by US Mail, please click the button below to download the form as a PDF document.
If you prefer to pay by check, please print the form and mail it with a check for $75.00 per inquiry, to:
The Mayflower Society
Attn: Research Center
18 Winslow Street
Plymouth, MA 02360
If you have any questions, or if you have not received your results of the Mayflower Lineage Match within twelve weeks, please call 508-746-3188, ext. 13.